Sunday, August 26, 2012

Time Flies, Even When You Stop at All the Stop Lights

Wow.  This is rare.

 Baby is asleep. Husband is still asleep.

 I am by myself enjoying the quiet and some mocha coconut coffee. AND I'm blogging!

So, the last time I blogged, I looked like this . . .



Just look at the expression on my face :-) I was having contractions all day long and wanted to take one last belly picture in case the baby came that day. 

I'm glad we took the pic, because Duncan came early the next morning on March 18, 2012.




I won't go into all of the details, but I had labored as long as I could at the house with the awesome help of my husband, our Doula and my mom and dad. When contractions got real intense, we decided to go to the hospital. As we made our way out to the car my water broke. That made our ride a little more urgent!

My dad was in the driver seat, because I needed Daniel to press on my back each time I had a contraction   (back labor was the worst)!! I don't think my dad realized just how much pain I was in, because he stopped at EVERY SINGLE red light on the way to the hospital. I am not joking. Even though it was like midnight and no cars in sight.

It's funny now, but next time I'm giving him instructions to FLOOR IT, please!

Our handsome blue eyed boy is now FIVE months old! And looks like this . . .


Yes, time sure does fly. Even when you stop at all the stop lights! ;-)

Yesterday morning I took him for a walk in his stroller. Just up and down our street. It was so pretty out.




In case you are wondering...yes...plaid, robots and camo are what all of the hip babies are wearing right now.

It's been a huge transition into motherhood for me. I am constantly learning. He is a really good baby and sleeping through the night, so that makes it a little easier on this new mama (thank you Jesus). 

Well, now that I've kind of caught you up date - are any of YOU going through a transition in life right now? I would love to hear about them, whether big or small. 

I'm hoping to have more mornings like this, so I can start blogging again. Uh, oh. Duncan is awake. And I can hear him filling up his diaper. Gotta Run.

Much Love,

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment