Thursday, February 16, 2012

Dear Baby Thursday

Dear Little Monkey,

Spring is already here. I can tell by the trees that have bloomed, becoming big balls of bright yellow. And by the appearance of annoying grasshoppers that always invade this time of year!

You will be here in exactly 6 weeks!

I read somewhere that it's a good idea to make a time capsule for your baby, so they can know what things were going on the year that they were born.

You might be interested to know that The New York Giants won the Super Bowl this year and a famous singer named Whitney Houston passed away this week. Mommy sang one of her songs "I Will Always Love You" in a 5th grade talent show. Whitney's version was a number one hit (mommy's version just won runner-up)  ;-)

I will try to keep a record for you of world events and our own family happenings in 2012.

Mommy and Daddy are about to hit TWO BIG milestones this year. We are both turning 30! Daddy's older. He'll be the big 3-0 next week and my turn will be the first week of March.

And, of course, we will beome parents when you enter this world.

I hope you love your nursery. It is starting to come together. Mommy & Daddy have your crib set up.



And here is the fabric that I picked out for your curtains and crib skirt.



Daddy says, since you are a boy, you won't really care how your room is decorated. But, mommy will be spending a lot of time in your room, so it has to look pretty.

The other day when I was looking at your ultrasound picture, I felt this sense of great responsibility. I'm not sure how someone can have a child and not want to nurture it and give it the best that they can. I was reminded of the bible verse that says,

“Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!" Matt. 7:9-11

I don't even know you yet, but I love you and want to give you the world ;-)

Now take that and times it by eternity. That's how much more God loves us as His children and wants to give us good things. And He knows EVERYTHING about us. He knows what stinkers we are.

God loves you more than anyone in this world can love you. And you can trust Him.

Lots of Love Baby,

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment