Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Consistantly Inconsistant

I would never dream of misqouting Forrest Gump.

But, I think his famous movie line should have been   "Motherhood is like a box of chocolates.
You never know what your gonna get."

2 weeks ago I got Mastitis (inflamation in the breast caused by a plugged milk duct). It came with a fever of 102, chills and achiness all over my body. I had to take antibiotics, which I didn't like. But honestly, I was just thankful that I hadn't come down with a cold that the baby could catch. I read that it also helps to have longer/more frequent breastfeedings and rest...so that's what I did.

The next week, I had a baby who suddenly forgot what time he went to bed. We struggled to get him to sleep and he started waking up during the night where, before, he was sleeping straight through. Can you say GROWTH SPURT!

This week (thankfully!) he's pretty much back to normal and I am feeling all better (no plugged milk ducts here). I have started getting up once during the night to pump so that I can keep the milk moving and hopefully won't get Mastitis again.

I am REALLY tired.

He normally goes down anywhere between 8:30pm and 9:30pm, I pump whenever i happen to wake up (which has been around 3am or 4am lately) and then he wakes up around 6am to eat.

I never know exactly how my day will go, but There are some things that stay consistant. Like, I know he is going to be hungry around every 3 hours.           I know that he will take at least 2 naps during the day and I can get some work done.

I actually know that he has a poo poo every day around 10am!

I figured this out when I put him in the car seat each morning to go to work. I would have him all strapped in and then the gurgling noises would start. I'd pick him up and sure enough he had a big blow out. Poopy all over his clothes and the car seat. This was happening every morning. I finally got smart. Instead of putting him in the car seat right away after feeding him, I put him in his bouncer with a blanket underneath him. This way he could have his major blow out, and I could just throw the blanket in the wash instead of having to clean his car seat out.

Problem arises, solution found and so goes motherhood.

Duncan is 6 months old today!



That means that teething, crawling and a whole slew of changes are just around the corner.

I know how I can handle this.

Someone pass over that box of chocolates!

No comments:

Post a Comment