Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Well, I told you to hold your applause . . .

Well, I told you to hold your applause when I claimed to be posting 14 days in a row! ;-)

I honestly think i missed 3 days of doing something sweet for my husband, too.

My life right now is snacking, doctor's appointments, preparing home for baby, preparing finances . . preparing EVERYTHING for baby and ...did I mention snacking?

Look what Mr. Sweet surprised me with before VDay!




No, they didn't look this frumpy when he gave them to me. I've had them for about a week before snapping a picture!

Well, I hope everyone had a lovely Valentines Day and that you were able to show your man the love.

These are the days I do remember:

Day 9: Light A Candle

We still have 2 dozen votive candles from our wedding reciption 3 years ago. I pull them out and use them for special occasions. Tonight I lined some up on our entertainment center, lit them and we spent a quiet evening at home. Candleight is so romantic!

Day 11: I Love You More than Coffee

I found this cute card and had to get it for Daniel.



He knows how much I love coffee, so this message meant a lot to him ;-) I brought his morning coffee to him on a tray along with this card.


Day 14: VALENTINES DAY

I would have loved to have gone out for dinner, but neither of us wanted to try to get into a restaurant on Valentine's night. So, I cooked up some steak, tortellini and asparagus with Tiramisu for dessert.

The steak didn't turn out so great ;-( But, the Tiramisu made up for it!


After dinner, Daniel handed me a heart shaped box of chocolates. When I opened it, this was inside . . .



It's such a pretty bracelet. It melted this soon-to-be mama's heart.

I didn't buy my hubby a gift, but I did make him a "Date Night" jar. I came up with about 12 fun (and inexpensive) things we could do, so whenever we are needing some ideas, we can pull one from the jar. I told him that even though we are about to have a baby and things will seem out of whack for awhile, I was still going to make time for him and for us to do things together.

I also told him he can add his own ideas to the jar as well.

I have a feeling that he might not like ALL of my ideas - like the one to "rent a dancing video and learn a new dance." ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment