Monday, December 5, 2011

Of Course Boys like Monkeys!

I had to share the ADORABLE sock monkey bank I painted for the baby's nursery.

I found it at PicassoZ Art Cafe in Lakeland. My friend and I literally spent hours there painting our pieces. It was so much fun, though! They have a coffe and tea shop right next door. Their frozen hot chocolate is awesome. 

After spending so much time with Mr. Monkey, I felt like I was handing my baby over when it came time to put him in the kiln. It normally takes about a week, before getting your finished piece back.

My friend picked up Mr. Monkey for me today, along with her piece.

We were so excited to see how they turned out. It was like opening up a christmas present. 





Not quite finished yet




All Done!

Daniel informed me the other day that he doesn't think "monkeys" are a "boy" thing. He thought maybe we should do sharks or something.

I said "Well, mommy likes monkeys. And until the baby is old enough to care, we're doing the nursery in monkeys!"

Maybe when he is 4 or 5, then we can do sharks.

I have actually fallen in love with some of the owl and bird stuff in the baby section as well. So, the monkey theme is turning more into a "Forest Friends" theme. But, it's going to be cute.


No comments:

Post a Comment