Wednesday, December 7, 2011

6 Months Today

Yes, I am 6 months (24 weeks) today!



I have a baby book that lets me know each day how the baby is growing and developing. At week 19 it congratulated me for being 1/2 way through with just 19 more weeks to go.

*Insert loud gulping sound* The time is flying by!

When we first found out we were pregnant, I wanted to create a plan with big projects to complete each month. I mean, we can get tons done in 9 months right?

Well, I never made the month by month plan. So, I'll have to see what we can squeeze into the 3 months we have left!

Here are the Facts at 6 months:

Weight Gained: 13 pounds at 128 (it helps that my husband reminds me every day how pretty I look)

Wearing Maternity Clothes Yet?: Yes. Started officially last month. I can still fit into 1 pair of my regular dress pants and most of my regular tops, but I'm alternating between 2 pair of maternity jeans and 4 maternity shirts.

Cravings: Nothing weird. I didn't want coffee for a while, but now I want it again. And I'm still SO tempted by sweets. I'll share in later posts some healthier "sweet" alternatives I've found.

Foods Aversions: Umm, none. I'll eat anything!!

Most Asked Questions:
How are you feeling?
Can you feel the baby move?

My Anwers:
I'm feeling pretty good. The cold I had for a week and a half has finally gone (except for some sniffles). I've been waking up early in the morning with a hard time breathing. Probably because of gunk, plus a bigger belly. Last night I propped myself up with 2 pillows instead of one and it seemed to help.

Yes, the baby is moving. I can now distinguish his movements from gas ;-) Daniel was able to feel a big kick the other night while we were lying on the couch.

Possible Names:
I really like the name Aiden. Did you know it's one of the most popular boys names right now, though? Daniel doesn't want him to have the same name as all the other boys on the playground. Hmmm, back to the drawing board.

We were suppose to have a 3d/4d ultrasound done last Saturday, but due to fact that both Daniel and I were sick, we rescheduled for this Saturday. I'll start the morning off with a 2 hour breastfeeding class (should be fun), then the ultrasound and The Cheesecake Factory for dinner!

Baby didn't listen to me the first time when I told him to cooperate and not cross his legs. I'll have daddy talk to him this time ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment