Monday, December 12, 2011

It's Definately a Boy


Saturday was a busy day. Breastfeeding class in the morning (the only class daddy didn't want to go to) and then an ultrasound and out to dinner.

We originally went to our ultrasound at 20 weeks, hoping to find out for sure if we were having a girl or a boy.

Well, Baby's legs were crossed and wouldn't budge. The tech said she was only 80% sure it was a boy.

I could have waited until my next ultrasound at the doctor's in January, but I just HAD to know before then. So, we decided to have a 3D/4D ultrasound done at Little Life Imaging in Orlando.

We got a little lost on the way there, but thankfully showed up only 10 minutes late.

Mom, dad and hubby came into the room with me and were able to view the show seated on a nice couch and a big screen on the wall.

The first thing the tech said, was that the baby was big. I guess I'm feeding him well.

The second thing she said was "It's definately a boy!"

This time, he had his feet up over his head, like he was in the middle of a sommersault. So, we could ummm, see his stuff. Unfortunately, with his legs in front of his face and also his arms and hands, we couldn't get a good mug shot.

Again, no matter how much jiggling, he still wouldn't budge. I tried lying on my right side, then my left side and even on my hands and knees, to try to get him to put his arms and legs down. Maybe I should start reading that book on strong willed children...

This was the best picture he would let us get of his face.


Baby at 24 weeks (6 months)

I think he's pretty cute! His arms look like little chicken wings to me. Daddy does love chicken wings...

The tech would actually locate where his head was and have me push in my belly with my hand to "hold up" his head for better pictures.

I am totally amazed when I see him at each ultrasound (in the last couple of weeks, I can see my belly jump a little bit, wherever he is kicking too).

Little Life sent us home with 2 color photos, some black and white photos, a dvd and a bag with some samples, baby info and a little blue onesie.

After the show, it was time for dinner. I was the only one in our car who had eaten lunch that day!

I so wanted to eat at The Cheesecake Factory, but it was an hour wait. So, we settled for TGIF's and Dairy Queen for dessert. The baby asked me to get a Peanut Buster Parfait. ;-)

It was such an enjoyable day. And now we can confidently paint those blues & greens in the nursery.

No comments:

Post a Comment