Thursday, December 8, 2011

Dear Baby Thursday

Dear Little Monkey,

Now that mommy is pregnant, it seems like everyone I know is pregnant or just had a baby.

Those copy catters ;-)

I love hearing the different stories.

One friend planned to have an epidural. The first shot didn't take. The second dose worked and she was able to rest for awhile - however, it wore off by the time it came for her to push. She pushed for 2 hours and didn't think she could do it. But, with some encouragement & hard work, she now has a cutie of a little girl.

My other friend didn't go into her birth story, but said that she didn't know how she would want to do anything else but snuggle and kiss her new baby daughter from now on.

If I were being totally honest (and I am) Mommy is thinking A LOT about herself right now.

Will I be a trooper through the rest of the pregnancy, when I can't sleep or bend down to pick up daddy's socks?

How will I handle the labor pain, when I've never broken a bone in my life? I'm equating this with giving birth, because I just imagine that breaking a bone is really painful.

Am I going to be able to cut it as a mommy and overcome all of the challenges that lay ahead?

I know the answer to all of these questions is YES. But, only because I know that God is with me. He is so big and powerful. He made Heaven and the earth.

"You are God - You alone - of all the kingdoms of the earth. You made the heavens and the earth."
Isaiah 37:16.

I've always loved the part of the Christmas story that says "But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart" (Luke 2:19).

I pray that I treasure all the new things that are happening; ponder them in my heart and trust in you Lord.

Lots of Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment