Monday, February 6, 2012

Sweet on my Husband - A Manly Weekend

BBQ, a Sci-Fi movie and the Superbowl. It was a Man's weekend. Well, there were some activities for baby preperation thrown in there too ;-)

Mimi came over Saturday morning to start painting the nursery. We got half of the painting done, and also cleaned the window & blinds and measured for curtains (Mimi is making them for us).

After the painting is done, we will have to start hanging everything on the walls. Not to mention, find places in the nursery to store all of baby's items!


Two CUTE canvas pictures I bought for the Nursery.



When hubby got home from work, we headed out to "Smoke on the Water" in Winter Haven. It was packed with people and we had to walk a little ways after parking. I SO wanted to try a fried Snickers or fried Reece Cup that they had! I was craving me some french fries too. But, I settled for a pulled pork sandwich and a brisket sandwich and was happy.




Sorry, I didn't get any pictures of the BBQ. It went in our mouths too fast ;-)

There were many vendors to choose from. Most offered pulled pork, brisket, chicken and ribs but we also saw frog legs, fresh pork rinds and Polk egg rolls. Some of the food was a little on the expensive side, but it is a fundraiser with proceeds going to The Boys and Girls Club of Winter Haven.

If you drool over some good ol' southern BBQ like us, Haines City has their own  Ribs on the Ridge coming up February 24th and 25th.

After a while of walking around outside, we were ready for some air conditioning! We watched a Sci-Movie at the theatre (Daniel's pick) and then attempted to make a Mayonnaise Chocolate Cake at home (also Daniel's pick and my "something sweet" for him).




The cake didn't turn out quite as we had hoped. It was more dense, than moist. But, as you can see, we still ate it. And the homemade frosting we made for it was DELICIOUS. 

On Sunday, I told hubby that I would make him a special breakfast after church. Egg & Cheese Grits mini soufles, sausage and blueberry waffles.

Well, the breakfast (like the cake) did not go according to plan. For the life of me, I could not find the Ramekin dishes for the soufles, so Daniel ended up just making his own fried egg. He also had to cook his own sausages, because the waffle recipe I was working on was taking longer than I intended.

It's the thought that counts, right?

We ended our day with the Super Bowl at my mom and dad's. I honestly did not watch a second of the game, though. I was working on a project I've been wanting to do before baby arrives. I have tons of recipes that I have torn out of magazines and printed off the computer that I needed to sort through and put into categories. I worked on it through the entire game and did look up occasionally to watch some commercials and half time ;-)

We are not use to so much activity, because we were exhausted at the end of the weekend.

I wonder if next weekend can be a girly weekend? Spa, Chick Flick . . .we can still have BBQ ;-)




No comments:

Post a Comment