Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Catching Up

I may have never gotten around to doing another blog post if it wasn't for my loving sister and best friend. Reminding me EVERY WEEK that I haven't done one since December! :-)

Well, I hope everyone's Christmas was merry & bright and that your new year was started with anticipation of good things to come.

Tomorrow, I will be 32 weeks! That means only 8 more weeks to go. Oh, BOY!



Bad Lighting! At 29 weeks.

Much better lighting, but standing in the cluttered Nursery. At 31 weeks.

I am happy to announce that I passed the glucose test. Yes & Amen! Please pass the chocolate ;-)

I loved the glucose drink. I've heard there are different kinds that taste nasty, but mine tasted just like orange soda. I've been staying away from soda and I miss it sometimes, so having to chug the cold orange soda-like substance was a treat for me.

At our 30 week ultrasound, Baby Willoughby was 3lb, 2oz and he let us see his entire face this time! I guess the average baby has a little more weight on them at 30 weeks, because the dr. said our baby was in the 16th percentile as far as weight. Nothing to be concerned about, but they will keep a close eye on his weight gain until the due date.



The black you see on top of his head is NOT hair, although it does look like our little man is wearing a toupe ;-) It is just where the camera shot cuts off. The nurse showed us that he does actually have some hair already on his head though.


Doesn't he look like he's actually smiling for us? I hope he comes out this happy ;-)

So, how is mommy doing, you ask? Oh, my aching ribs!

The ribs on my right side will start to ache, normally at night or if I've been walking around a lot. The dr. said it is from my belly expanding, causing my ribs to expand.

Besides that and the occasional heartburn, my body is adapting quite well to the new life form inside of it, so I can't complain ;-)



On another note...I've been thinking of LOVE notes and other mushy stuff with Valentines Day coming up.

Valentine's Day is normally not a big deal to me, but I think I want to make this one special for Daniel and I since it is our last one before baby is here.

Don't tell him . . . but I'm planning on doing something sweet for him each day leading up to Valentine's Day, starting tomorrow Feb 1st. They are just little things, but they will show the love ;-)

I came across The Dating Divas blog a while back. You will definately want to save it as one of your "favorites." Their blog is all about keeping romance alive in your marriage. They have tons of date night ideas, creative ways to show your man you love him and free printables.

Click Here for one of their very cute and inexpensive ideas for Valentines Day.



I will try not to let a whole other month pass before you hear from me again!

Hugs & Kisses,

Heather





No comments:

Post a Comment