Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A Homemade Christmas (is not as easy as I thought)

Have you ever been opening up a bunch of presents on Christmas and thought

"I would have been happy with just one gift."

Don't get me wrong. I love presents! It's so much fun to open and play with all of the new stuff I get on Christmas Day. But, I think about all of the stuff I already have. And others who don't have as much.

Sometimes for me, all of the planning, shopping and spending keeps me from really focusing on Jesus and loving the people around me.

For Christmas this year, Daniel and I decided to make homemade gifts for everyone. It has honestly taken a lot of stress out of the holidays for me. I always stress out over what to get each person and I always worry when I eventually go over budget. I found the cutest gift idea on a blog that I think everyone will like.

I purchased the needed materials before Thanksgiving. Go me. This miracle was thanks to Marcia Ramsland (a christian professional organizer). I led 2 of her video based bible studies this year with 2 wonderful groups of ladies. In the bible study, Marcia encouraged us to start holiday planning the day after Halloween (instead of waiting till after Thanksgiving).

I'm so glad I started planning early. Now if only I wouldn't have procrastinated on acting on the plan . . .

I did not start making our Christmas gifts till this month and I seem to have run into some small problems along the way. Because of said problems, I have had to run around to several different stores (which I was trying to avoid).

I'm hoping to develop ELF- LIKE skills before Christmas comes in 10 days!

That's right people. If you haven't been watching the calendar, CHRISTMAS IS IN 10 DAYS!!!!

Can we change Christmas to January 1st? Everyone else who needs a little more time, say "I"!



P.S. Visit Marcia Ramsland's site if you have time between wrapping gifts and cooking dinner ;-) She has great ideas for simplifying the holidays and organizing your home and life.


OrganizingPro.com

No comments:

Post a Comment