Thursday, November 17, 2011

Dear Baby Thursday

Dear Little Monkey,

I wanted to post your pictures on here, but haven't quite figured out the right format yet!
I think you already have daddy's nose and mommy's lips.

Mommy has not been sleeping very good at night. I seem to sleep better on the couch with the tv on. I still haven't felt any big kicks yet, but I did feel some different sensations last night that were probably you moving around.

You are as big as a banana now! Mommy eats one almost every day for breakfast (they are good for little monkeys) ;-) And I learned that you are now swallowing amniotic fluid, so you can actually taste what I am eating for lunch.

Mommy & daddy are taking a Baby Care Workshop class this weekend. We'll learn how to bathe you and other good stuff I'm sure. Don't be worried that we have to take a class to learn how to take care of you ;-) We just want to be as prepared as possible before you come into the world.

Advice for today: you will never know "it all". When you are little, you will think Mommy and Daddy know it all (and actually, that's a good thing). But, you will soon find that we are still learning ourselves. And the older you get, the more you realize you don't know.

We're half way through the pregnancy now! And while their is still so much to do to get ready for you, I just want to take some time each day to imagine you in our arms. For now, my vision will be of you smiling and sleeping peacefully. We'll imagine your fussies and crying later ;-)

Much, Much Love,

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment