Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Keep Your Receipts

Well, last Friday was the BIG day!

My mommy and hubby both came with me to the ultrasound, hoping baby would show us their stuff ;-) So glad Daniel was able to take off work to be there.

I will enlighten those of you who do not know. Each time you come for a prenatal appointment, they want a sample of your urine. And, if you did not start drinking water early that morning, you might not be able to go right when you get to the doctors.

I asked the receptionist if I could wait till after the ultrasound to give up some of my pee pee or if I had to empty my bladder before the ultrasound. The receptionist said "Umm, we don't have you down for an ultrasound today." I controlled the pregnancy hormones and kept a smile on my face ;-) I told her I was 20 weeks and we were suppose to find out the sex of the baby today!

Thankfully they "squeezed" us in. And the results are. . .


It's a BOY!


Well, we're actually only 80% sure it's a boy.

The baby was being lazy (like mommy) and did not want to uncross his legs. She jiggled my belly all around trying to get him to move (yes, I felt like Santa Claus with a bowl full of jelly). But, he kept one of his little hands up by his face and his legs closed the whole time.

She said she was 80% sure that it was boy parts she was seeing, but if we bought anything, just keep the receipts.

Mom's birthday was on Saturday, and she let us use her birthday cake to reveal the sex of the baby to the rest of the family.



When I was making it at home, I actually forgot to put the coloring in! Thankfully the batter was only in the oven for a couple of seconds before I realized what I had done.

I just noticed that the cake itself is 80% blue, so that's fitting ;-)

Before everyone arrived, Daniel accidentally knocked the cake cover off of the cake, scraping some icing off and revealing the color. I tried to spread the icing back over it, but I just ended up lifting more icing off! I had sprinkled some shaved chocolate on top of the cake earlier, so I just used that to plug up the "holes". Problem solved.

Everyone arrived and we gathered into the living room. My sis in law Wendy was the first one to see the color when I sliced into the cake and she started yelling "It's blue, it's blue!"

Then my mom showed us some of the girl stuff she had already bought. They were so cute with pink and monkeys on them, so I told her she had to save them.

A lot of people are having "reveal" parties now. My friend Allyson & her husband had cupcakes made and didn't find out what they were having until they and their guests bit into them. I think it makes it even more exciting that the parents waited to find out too.

We are going to a place in Orlando called Little Life Imaging to have another ultrasound done and see if our possible little guy will bear all ;-)

Mom can at least keep the girly clothes until then ;-) Stay Tuned . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment